Monday, October 13, 2014

Waking up with the sleepless bullfrog

Fun little fact for you on this fine morning, or night depending on what side of the world you sleep on, the bullfrog is the only animal that never sleeps...which makes me think what a miserable little life it must live. I was awoken this morning by the harrowing sound of my phone-alarm(I mean it's called an alarm for a reason, never pleasant), with what I can only imagine is toothpaste on my black t-shirt, which also leads me to the thought, "how drunk was I last night? "Then I found myself in the kitchen baking croissants. I say found myself, since I'm pretty sure I was half-asleep during that part. My usual breakfast consists of black coffee and cigarettes, which also happens to be the only stable in my dietary routine. Now, while inhaling the sweet smoke of my, one of many, morning fags, I begin ocd-ing on the laptop. Facebook in the first tab, then Buzzfeed in multiple tabs with various stories, like Halloween treats that I'll never make, diys I'll never do and trivia I'll actually remember because I'm a fact-freak if ever you met one, also something about Ebola, then Spotify. You see, there's a hierarchy that mustn't be disturbed. I'll also most definitely take one of the Buzzfeed quizzes, because I find it very important to know "what kind of french-fry am I really?"

No comments:

Post a Comment