Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Best day ever!

I'm gonna try and keep this short cause my head is pounding and I'm in-between throwing up. The repercussions of the "best day ever" are being felt and since misery loves company, I also got my period, which normally is a dreadful and horrifying time for me, but today it is so much worse. I almost feel bad for the people who are in the unfortunate position to be around me during these days of the month. It's like I'm a woman possessed. My vegan friend says its because I eat too much chicken which is funny cause I just had some and I feel loads better!
I opened my eyes this morning and immediately wondered what I had done to deserve this, and then I remembered. Yesterday was the best day ever! I woke up at nine in the morning, on my own, which almost never happens and spent the whole day with my best friend, my ladypug as I like to call her, doing the funnest stuff. We painted, cooked, singed and made a bikini-top out of surgical masks(as you do). She came over and we went and bought what we needed from the hardware store to paint my kitchen table, that used to be this odd bright and yet dead-looking shade of green and had been driving me nuts. Now it's a lovely shade of dark gray with dip-died gold legs. Oh yeah, I also got gold spray-paint which contributed to the "best" part of my day, mostly cause I think we got high off the fumes, but also cause we got to play and paint things gold (which really is the way it should be). I even gave myself an impromptu gold manicure by accident. I then cooked dinner for my friend, who will eat anything I make, but usually is happiest with chicken nuggets and Spongebob Squarepants-shaped pasta. I decided to make her the gourmet version of that, even though in the end we had to settle for Dora the little explorer pasta(which is a step-down) seeing as they were out of Bob at the supermarket. I cooked a cream and curry mushroom sauce and it was actually pretty yummy! After, we continued to paint and spray-paint. Around 6 o' clock our daily mental alarm went off, signaling happy hour. The wine started coming out and naturally by bedtime we were utterly wasted! During those hours of merriment we decided to watch Coyote Ugly again(you love that movie too, don't deny it) and sing-along quite loudly to "Can't fight the moonlight". I can't believe that when that film came out I was eight. I, also can't believe how good the soundtrack is and how well I know that one song and most importantly why. After the movie we had developed a good buzz and therefore decided to have a mini dance party to INXS, sing "baby I love your way" with Peter Frampton, which was awesome if I do say so myself, and play most 80s rock classics... and then I cried because of a John Mayer song(shameful, just shameful). In the end, I was semi-comatose but obnoxiously happy I got to spend the whole day with one of my favorite people in the world (which literally happens every other day, I mean for real she is always over here. I'm starting to not remember a time when she wasn't here, and I totally adore her for it!). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx3s99FNXzI

No comments:

Post a Comment