Sunday, October 19, 2014

I hate rudeness, close-mindedness and peas...

I truly do hate these three things (more than all the other things I hate anyway) and generally the people who carry them (quite literally in the case of peas). The only thing I might despise even more, for the sake of this argument, are stereotypical phrases such as "tell me what you like and I'll tell you about yourself " (I don't know who says that, but they sound like an obnoxious prick). "Yes well, I love the summertime(when the weather is hot, la la la, la la la), long walks on the beach and ponies." Wrong! Wrong mostly cause everyone knows winter is better, for it is the season of Christmas and snow and Santa Claus(yes, I'm an adult who believes in Santa, sue me!) and those who don't suck balls. Yes, your favorite things may tell their tales about your personality and when you ask someone what kind of music they listen to it's a just matter of phrasing really -cause most people will say I listen to everything, which is bullshit, cause once you say "well I don't like that particular something", they're all like "I don't like that either, and you think "this is so meant-to-be", it's not- but let's be honest what you dislike is a lot more specific, therefore... Tell me what you hate and I'll tell you what I think. For instance, rudeness seems to me to be the equivalent of a yuppie with a superiority complex paired, though in contrast, with the self-esteem of a fifteen year old girl. It is the disgusting and sickly love-child of stupidity and crassness. Narrow-mindedness on the other hand, is the uncultured and emotionally crippled cat-calling bully that impressively combines the maturity of a delinquent minor with the mentality of a fascist middle-aged cab driver. As for peas, they are the single most nauseating example of how bland and aesthetically atrocious the world can be. But that's just me.Those of you reading this, you probably already know what you like, life's tiny pleasures you enjoy, so just take a moment to think about the little things that annoy you, traits you hate in another person and things you believe the world would be a better place without. The big picture here is created by the minutiae combined likes and dislikes that make up our social DNA. Take the first months into a new relationship, the phase where you love all the same things and think everything the other person does is just adorable. Give it time! Soon you'll probably hate each other! Not because of huge unsolvable differences. No. Your undoing will be the little things, the socks on the floor, the toilet seat that's up, the fact that she actually can't stand that band you like to blast in the morning or the fact that he won't pour water on the plates in the sink, so in result food will stick to them making them harder to wash(I mean seriously, how hard can it be?). There's no way of course of predicting these tiny yet significant details. Even I, obsessed with the dislikes, when meeting a new person my first question will usually be "Do you love(not like, looove) the Black Keys?" and second "do you like cheese?", if not don't talk to me, for you are not to be trusted. But often times I think what I should probably be asking is "are you a meticulous cleaner, are you open-minded and polite and do you hate peas?" if yes, we should probably get married(just kidding, not before I see you pouring water on the dirty dishes). 

No comments:

Post a Comment